ISO 9001 is the Quality Management System standard most popular in the world and is all about keeping the customers satisfied. Whatever your industry in the field of manufacturing to services, companies that work with to adopt quality management principles have benefited from more efficient work means better cost control and implementation rapid and effective implementation of new working practices .
What is ISO 9001 Certification?
ISO 9001 is designed to be used by any organization, large or small, whatever its product or service and is the backbone to create a more successful business. Here we explain some of the basics and how to start implementing ISO 9001 so that you can get maximum benefits.
A management system is simply the way an organization manages its processes, people and other resources so that its products or services meet their objectives and customer requirements. For example, your goal may be to ensure that you produce quality products to your customers or regulatory compliance. The system should be both flexible and scalable to your business and helps create a culture of continuous improvement.
ISO 9001 Certification provides a set of requirements to operate a quality management system and represents international best practices for quality management. It is built around eight quality management principles that guide and inform everything about it.
Implementation steps for ISO 9001 Certification:
- Get commitment and support of senior management.
- Engage the entire company with a good internal communication.
- Compare your existing quality systems with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Get customer and supplier feedback on the current quality management.
- Develop an implementation team to get the best results.
- Plan and share the roles, responsibilities and deadlines.
- Adjust the ISO 9001 quality plans for your business management principles.
- Motivate staff participation training and incentives.
- ISO 900 Share knowledge and encourage staff to train internal auditors.
- Regularly examine your ISO 9001 system to ensure that you are continually improving.